Monday, August 5, 2013

Henna Birthday

I have always loved henna. then I learned that I can draw the designs that i have always loved. So I threw myself a henna themed birthday party.  First I designed this cute phone cover for my new iphone. I drew the design with black pen on purple paper and then scanned it it and made some changes with photo shop. then I uploaded the picture to Shutter fly.
it arrived about a week after my birthday but it was worth the wait. 

I love how the design continues on the sides

and it has my name on it.

then on the day of my brithday I made my cake. I had wanted it to be a nice lilac color but Somehow it turned out in the same color as my phone. 

 I used a Ziploc bag to pipe on the design. it was SO hard!   I was happy that i had made a small 6in cake.

Yes I did turn 6 this year.    +20years

the cake tasted a little strange I wont use the recipe again, but it didn't crumble as bad as my cakes usually do. 

since I hadn't been satisfied with my piping bag before I made an actual henna cone. and filled it with icing. 

then it was super easy to make any design I wanted and as small and detailed as I wanted. 

We were tending a little girl this day and she was happy to let me decorate her hands with "henna."  

Rocky liked it too. I had to hurry fast to get this picture before he licked it all off. 


then henna began spilling onto my walls. 




this is my bedroom wall.  I painted it here  last year and I have lived with it's crazy pattern ever since. once I had painted it all the solid light brown color the whole roomed seemed tranquil for the first time ever. 

then I started free handing this design. 

 I haven't finished this all the way yet. I think I still might add some accents to the other walls in the room also.

 anyways that was my henna Birthday.
and no post would be complete without these silly boys.


this is the Kefir mustache. 

Both boys enjoying Kefir

and Knoxx getting into Rockys Yogurt. 






.

No comments:

Post a Comment